Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Embree Jane Erickson

On November 6th, and 12:36PM, Embree Jane joined our family.  We couldn't be more excited to have her with us.  My due date was November 11th, and my problem was that Preston was born 10 days early and so I was waiting for Embree to make and early appearance as well but she was choosing to stay warm and cozy inside my HUGE belly.  At my OB appointment on Friday November 3rd, the doctor could tell that I was pretty miserable, which I was.  A stomach bug had plagued me for 4 days prior to the appointment and I was worn out.  My doctor said " You look miserable, do you want some help or do you want to wait and see at your next appointment."  I asked for help and she let me know that she could induce me on Tuesday November 6th.  I have to say that I was scared to be induced because it was new to me and I was unsure about how everything would go, but now that it's all said and done, I am a believer!  I got up on Tuesday morning, took a shower, got dressed and walked cool as a cucumber into the hospital.  They started me on the pitocin by 7:30, I got an epidural at 10:30, by 12:15 I ready to push and after 3 pushes here she is!  She was 8lbs 11oz and lots of dark hair, not as much as Preston but she has plenty of it.  She was and is healthy and I have been able to recover quickly.  It amazes me the energy, vibe, spirit, feeling, whatever you want to call it, that is present when a baby is born.  It's a very quiet excitement, almost electric, as you see and hear a little body take its first breath.  It truly is such an amazing thing and I'm a very lucky woman to be able to have this experience twice! 

Lots of people have asked us about the name, and it's a pretty good story so I'll share it.  When I was pregnant with Preston, Brock had a dream and there was a little girl in it, and her name was Embree.  So, we put it on the list for potential names back then.  I have to admit I wasn't totally sold on the name, I was really liking the name Eden.  When it came time and we saw her, it was clear that Embree was her name.  We chose the "ee" on the end because of the "ee" on Haylee.  Jane is my great aunt, my mom, and my middle name.  She already has a lot of nick names Pinky, Sissy, Sassy (that's Preston's version of Sister), Princess, Emmy, Bree, Love Bug, and any other girly nickname that pops into our heads.  She sports a headband with a bow on it everyday and wears pink pretty much all the time.  She is one loved little lady.

Ready to be done!

For the first hour or so, she had her fingers in her mouth.  It looks like she's crying but she didn't really cry very much.


She's about 15 minutes old and just got all dried off from the bath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment