Wednesday, December 12, 2012

You Know You're a Parent When ...

Life is interesting with children under 2.  It's full of energy and every moment seems to be teaching them and the parents something new.  We have several "things" in our home that have been destroyed by our ever-learning boy.  He is so curious and so many "things" in the house are so very temping to break open and see how they work.  Our Christmas tree is no exception. Look at the picture and you can see just how tall Preston is.  Looking at our "things" that have gone the way of the trash.  Or in the case of our tree, limp along with missing parts, I wouldn't trade any of it for a second away from Preston.  Most of the time I just laugh and clean up the pieces.  I guess that's when you know you're a parent.  Maybe someday we can have a whole tree again, instead of just a half. 


1 comment:

  1. Ok...so I JUST emailed you asking you to post on your blog about your new baby girl, then decided maybe I had better check your blog b/c it's been about 2 weeks since I last checked...and lo and behold...you posted about your beautiful Embree!! She is so adorable...I could absolutely EAT her cheeks!! Congrats Hays...she's perfect!! So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete