Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Great Room Shift

I have found out a couple things about pregnant Haylee ...
1) I'm not a fan of being pregnant.  I have heard several people say that they really don't mind it, I"m not one of those people.  It's hard to spend 9 months waiting and living through the craziness of your body not being your own.  It feels as though it has been high jacked.
2) I'm not a very good pregnant person.  The hormones are not my friends and Brock is the best for putting up with me.  I would say and do things and think "What am I doing, that's not me". 
3) I get a lot of nervous energy when I'm pregnant, which is not a good thing.  So, in the spirit of trying to contain the nervous energy and thinking about the best sleeping arrangements for the kiddos, we moved Preston out of the room that he had, and turned it into the nurseryfor our new little girl. 

Preston got a the bigger room, that was our guest room.  Of course I wouldn't just move him, that would have been way too easy.  I felt the need to make his room special for him.  I decided that I was going to paint a stripe for him.  Easy enough, right?  Well, after a TON of pencil marks on the walls, telling myself at least 3 times that "A stripe is not worth all this", and finally putting on my big girl pants and getting it done, Preston got a really cute Brown stripe in his room.  I was glad when I finally finished it and I really like it, but trying to put a stripe on textured walls can make a grown woman weep ... and I did ... a couple times. 

Embree's room was a little bit easier.  After resigning myself to the fact that there will most likely be a lot of pink at our house, I decided to embrace it and paint her room pink.  I tried to mix things up with purple curtains, but it just made the room that much more girly.  That said, it is super cute ... for a pink room.

Preston's room, the brown stripe at the top ...


It has a certain Easter/Spring feel ...

No comments:

Post a Comment