Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Mint Contraversy

As Preston gets closer and closer to getting to the age where time-outs will be apart of our daily routine, there is one issue that Brock and I can not agree on.  That is the question as to the introduction of certain foods.  I do not have a strong aversion to any normal food.  However, Brock has a very strong dislike, even hate for mint.  He will leave a room if there is the smell of mint.  He purposely buys the Orange infused toothpaste so that he doesn't have to endure the lingering mint taste, that normal tooth paste leaves.  I have never met anyone that hates mint like my sweet husband does.  The funny thing is that whenever I think I'm being sneaky and eat something that is mint, he suddenly shows up and can smell it on my breath immediately.   As an example, he was at his Grandparents house, and I was at home with Preston while he was napping.  My Mom had these york peppermint patty M&M's.  I saw them and thought "Yummy and I can get away with it for sure, Brock is at his Grandparents house without the car.  There's no chance of me getting hassled."  No sooner did I put one in my mouth, he comes walking through the front door and the first words out of his mouth were " Are you eating mint"? 

I wish this was an isolate instance, but it is not.  I've gotten busted on several occasions.   So, as we start to introduce more and more solid foods, and Preston is using is 5 little teeth so well, I am reminded frequently as to the restriction of introducing mint at any time to our son ...  however he will be choosing for himself.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an odd aversion. :) I won't let my husband eat onions - not if we wants anywhere near me - but I suspect that is a lot more common. I knew a lady on my mission that wouldn't go near buttons - she wouldn't even hug you if you were wearing them. I would totally be sneaking the mint if I were you - it's so Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very progressive of you to allow the boy to choose when he's old enough tee hee!

    ReplyDelete