Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Big Race

There's a strong possibility that I love pain.  There are several instances to prove that statement, but here is the latest.  I decided that to 1) To help me stay sane while our house is being built 2) as well as get back into shape after Mr. Preston's arrival, and since I am now officially unemployed, I'm going to run a 1/2 Marathon in November here in Colorado.  I have been able to sell this particular "brand of crazy" to a few of my dear friends.  So, each day Preston and I strap on our running shoes and slowly but surely put in the miles.  I say slowly and I mean slowly!  I'm not in running shape, plus the jogging stroller weighs 20 pounds and Preston is 23 pounds so I'm pushing a hefty 40+ pounds around the suburbs of Colorado.  Preston is a great partner though, he only whimpers a little when I go too slow up a hill and the sun is in his eyes. Most of the time he's looking around and he holds one foot out straight and then drops it and taps it against the stroller.  He gets really excited now that we'll stop at parks and swing on the swing, while I'm trying to catch my breath and look like I love pain. 

So, if there's anyone out there reading this that wants to join in the F-U-N, let me know and we can all share in the pain and suffering. 

He's been wearing his cool Adidas running outfit.

1 comment: