Thursday, January 26, 2012

Top 10 Lists

I am a list person, that's how I organize my life and the stuff that rolls around in my brain.  For a long time I was obsessed with David Letterman's top 10 lists, until they became more and more lame.  That being said I have a couple of top 10 lists of my own.  Some are just for fun (i.e. worst date, things to get you kicked out of church etc).  Some are lists to brighten rainy days, some are future thoughts/plans etc.  One of my lists is the top 10 compliments I have received.  One of the compliments on this list was from a woman that I have always looked up to, she told me that I was a great friend.  It was simple but it meant a lot.  Another compliment came from Brock and another from my Dad.  I was able to add a compliment to my top 10 list this week, which bumped off the "You look like Sheryl Crow" comment.  It came from Preston's doctor.  I took Preston in for his 12 month check up and after we were done with the appointment he said "Whatever you've done for the last year, keep doing it.  Preston is a happy healthy boy."  That meant so much to me.  The last year has not been easy and it was so nice to have the doctor tell me that all my efforts have not been in vain.  It's funny how the lists have evolved as my life continues. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a great thing to hear fro your kid's doctor and I agree, you are an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete