Sunday, July 8, 2012

Van Wagenen 2012 Family Reunion

Every two years all of my family gets together, which is no small feet.  There ends up being a total of 22 of us, with all my siblings and their families.  It's a lot of fun to see everyone.  We are scattered from Idaho, Utah, Colorado, down to Texas.  Each two years one of us gets to plan it.  Previously we've gone to Jackson Hole Wy, Park City Ut, San Diego CA, Durango, CO.  This year was the Erickson's turn to organize, so we chose to rent a cabin in southern Utah in between Zion's National Park and Bryce Canyon.  We stayed at a place called Zion's Ponderosa Ranch.  It was a great time with so much to do.  The ranch has lots of options for activities (i.e. ATVing, skeet shooting, Zip lining, Swimming, Mini golfing, paintballing ect).  I had planned all this last summer, not thinking that I was going to be 5 months pregnant but it was still a lot of fun.  Brock's favorite activities were ATVing, Zip Lining, and paintballing.  My favorite activity was nap time :)  Preston and I had a great time at the pool and hiking in Zion's national park.  Preston's favorite activity was playing in the sand/dirt and occasionally sneaking little tastes of the delicious red dirt. 


My handsome boys!

I love the dirt

If you look close enough you can see the dirt on his face and his lips ...

He just got done throwing dirt at me ... that's one of the most fun games ever!


He's our little giggle bug



There were mounds of wood chips all around the cabin that he loved to stand on

No comments:

Post a Comment