Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

I truly do try to always have a thankful heart.  I think that it keeps me open to what life really has to offer.  From personal experience, I have learned that when I'm not thankful I close myslef off to big and small wonders that are around me.  I have found that the greatest blessings in my life have come to me from those around me, and when my heart is closed, I miss so much from the amazing people in my life.  So, each day I look for "the good" around me, and in those around me.  Some days are harder than others.  However, there are a few things that will never change, that have been, and will continue to be the greatest blessings in my life.

  • Have the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life is undoubtedly the first and most amazing blessing ever.  To think of all the people who haven't had the oppurtunity to know the full truth, is humbling to me.  To think of the number of people that have died so that I, and my children, could have a copy of the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the preisthood on the earth, and temples overwhelms me.  Truth be told, all other amazing things in my life stem from this blessing.
  • I have been lucky enough to find the love of my life.  He is the greatest man I've ever known and I am so lucky to have eternity to be with and learn from him.
  • I have been lucky enough to beat the odds and have a beautiful, fun, baby boy.  There were several times in my life when I had to face the potential of not being able to have children.  When I got married I never had felt, as much as I had then, that I wanted to have children.  I guess that's what a good man does to girl.  Everytime Preston crawls up to me and puts his two little hands on my legs I am reminded of how amazing he is, and how blessed I am. 
  • I have always had amazing friends to love and laugh with.  We have so much fun and the memories will come to me and I have to smile.  At the most random times I will remember a situation with my friends and smile to myself. 
Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people that have made my life rich and full!


It was 75 degrees on Thanksgiving, so we were at the park loving the swings.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the "Thankful" post. All I can say is "Ditto"!

    And BTW...my little boy loves to watch "Little Mermaid" and every time we get to the part where the seagull grabs the crab and says..."The watch was witching in the mirror...Do you hear what I'm tellin' ya?! The witch was watching in the mirror and singin' w/ her stolen set of pipes!"...I just kind of chuckle.

    I smile every time and think of you. Thanks for all the great memories!

    ReplyDelete